We understand that the more we keep you informed and help you prepare for the closing day, the more likely you and your customers will have a stress-free closing experience. Although closing procedures vary from state to state, having an understanding of what may be required at closing and preparing accordingly will help the settlement process go as smoothly as possible.
Legibility of Sales Contract:
- REAL ESTATE AGENTS: Information for Listing and Selling Agent including email address, cell phone, office phone and address, and assistant’s contact information, if applicable. Also, preferred method of communication and best time to contact.
- BUYER(s): Current physical address for all buyers, not a Post Office box, to receive documents, if necessary. Home phone, cell phone, email address along with preferred method of communication and best time to contact.
- SELLER(s): Current physical address for all sellers, not a Post Office box, to receive documents, if necessary. Home phone, cell phone, email address along with preferred method of communication and best time to contact. Please provide a forwarding address and new contact information to reach the seller once the property has closed.
- HOME OWNERS ASSOCIATION OR CONDO ASSOCIATION: In order to obtain a Certificate of Approval and verify payments due the association, please provide contact information.
- SURVEY COMPANY: If a new survey is being provided, please provide contact information to closing agent to relay correct legal description and survey certifications. If requesting to insure over a prior survey, please provide date of survey and a copy for review.
- WOOD DESTROYING ORGANISM INSPECTION: Please provide name and phone number for the inspection company.
Transaction Fee and Real Estate Commission:
Bills Paid at Closing:
Deposit or Escrow Check:
Marital Statue of Transaction Parties:
Power of Attorney and Trust Documents:
Foreign Investment in Real Property Tax Act of 1980 (FIRPTA):
Internal Revenue Service (IRS):
Note: The closing agent is a neutral third party and does not represent either the buyer or seller. They take their instructions from the contract provisions and the lender instructions, if applicable.